The following is fire relief information for all of those who have been affected by the recent wildfires. We will continue to update this page as we learn about additional resources:
A Message from State Senator Mike McGuire:
**Read below for information on applying for and receiving direct assistance.**
As the massive storm of wildfires is brought under control, I want to say two words: Thank You! The firefighters, law enforcement & National Guard risked their lives for our communities and we couldn’t be more grateful for their tireless work.
We’re focused on recovery and if you lost your home to the wildfires, The North Bay Fire Relief Fund is here to help.
Partnering with Redwood Credit Union, Redwood Credit Union Community Fund and The Press Democrat, the Relief Fund is focused on neighbors who are in greatest need. Neighbors who lost their homes can apply for an immediate $1,000 to assist with essentials such as rent, food, clothing and other personal necessities.
We are also investing an immediate $750,000 to provide every student in Lake, Sonoma, Mendocino and Napa Counties with a $250 gift card to replace school clothes and supplies.
We’ve made it super simple to apply for and receive direct assistance. We’re working with two great organizations – United Way of the Wine Country in Sonoma County and North Coast Opportunities in Mendocino and Lake Counties – that will immediately process applications.
Here’s how to apply in Sonoma County:
- We’ve partnered with United Way of the Wine Country for fund application and disbursements.
- The application is available here: https://www.unitedwaywinecountry.org/our-work/financial-stability/wildfire-relief-fund/
- Please return completed applications directly to United Way of the Wine Country, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your completed application at: 975 Corporate Center Pkwy., Suite 160, Santa Rosa, CA 95407 (open M-F 8AM to 5PM)
- The deadline to apply is four (4) weeks after the fires are listed as 100% contained by CalFire.
Here’s how to apply in Mendocino and Lake Counties:
- We’ve partnered with North Coast Opportunities (NCO) for fund application and disbursements.
- Applications are available at: https://www.ncoinc.org/2017-fires/
- Return completed application to email@example.com or to any NCO office (open M-F 9AM to 5PM):
- Ukiah: 413 N State Street, Ukiah CA 95482
- Lakeport: 850 Lakeport Blvd, Lakeport CA 95453
- Clearlake: 14832 Lakeshore Drive, Clearlake CA 95422
- The deadline to apply will be 30 days after the fire has been 100% contained by CalFire.
PLEASE NOTE: Redwood Credit Union is covering ALL administrative costs related to the fund administration and disbursement, so 100 percent of the donations to the fund are supporting fire victims. This includes any administrative costs of nonprofits that we’ve partnered with to provide direct service or fund disbursements to fire survivors.
Over 17,000 people have donated nearly $11 million to the North Bay Fire Relief Fund and we couldn’t be more grateful.